Books in TV Shows

So as I was browsing the Internet tonight on books, I came across something that said they are making The Selection by Kiera Cass into a TV show on the CW. The book came out this year and it is just sitting in my e-reader waiting for me to read it...


I am a CW watcher and have been for years now (90210, Supernatural) and now they are making these books into TV shows && I love it!! I read the Vampire Diaries before I knew anything about them turning it into a show. A lot of readers got upset about many things they changed compared to the books, but in a way the TV show is of its own standards, its like reading the novels and seeing the fanfiction on TV. I also started watching the Secret Circle, though I have not read that series. 

Anyways The Selection is about thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime they get the opportunity to escape their life & to be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


It sounds amazing right?? I cannot wait to read this one, and I will keep everyone posted on any news I hear of this so far you can check out the cast on IMDB  






Aimee Teegarden will play America Singer, Which we all should know her from Friday Night Lights, and the movie Prom. William Moseley will play Aspen Leger. He doesn't look the same but hes the guy from all the Chronicle of Narnia movies.



So anyways I think that this will make a great TV show. The Hunger Games did really well as a movie and now the CW is going to try and get there ratings up with a Dystopia themed TV show. I will keep my eyes out for any trailers this summer and any news on other books becoming TV shows/Movies. Hopefully there's news soon for the House of Night series to be made into a series..."sigh" if only if only....

 

Comments

  1. OMG, that does sound amazing. I haven't read the book yet but I want to so bad. It sounds like an awesome show. I would watch it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its sitting in my nook waiting for me....maybe I'll read it this week..but I will deff watch the show :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Regret Me Not

Breaking Waves

Need