Vampire Kisses

 Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses #1)

Authors:
Reviewed By: Courtney
Published By: HarperTeen
Release Date: August 5th 2005
Genre: YA/Paranormal
Pages: 208 pages


The mansion on top of Benson Hill has been empty and boarded up for years. But a new family has moved in. A family that never ventures out during the day. Who are these creepy people -- especially the handsome, dark, and elusive Alexander Sterling? Or rather, what are they? Could the town gossip actually be true? Are they vampires?

Raven, who secretly covets a vampire kiss, both at the risk of her own mortality and Alexander's loving trust, is dying to uncover the truth.


I found this book while surfing the Internet for other great YA books. What drew me in was the fact it was another vampire book. Now I love me some vampire stories, but I don't like the Twilight series so much...to me it's to far fetched (I still read them and I've seen the movies). This series is almost like the Twilight series, but the vampires defiantly do not sparkle. It starts out with this girl talking about where it all began as a little girl and how she became obsessed with vampires. Shes this outcast Gothic girl in a small rich town.

Soon enough people move into the "spooky" mansion on the hill and they are the talk of the town. How they are not seen in the day or how they don't take garlic in their food. Of course Raven becomes her own detective and trys to figure out if these people are what shes been waiting for all her life. When she meets him she freaks out and runs away and shes always just running into him but never talking to him. There's this boy at her school who has always had it out for her...you know the type (hes the soccer jock and Mr. popular)...whom I think is secretly in love with her.

Anyways he gets jealous of her when she does finally start seeing this mystery guy. During a school dance Trevor (the soccer jock) burns her by telling her boyfriend Alexander (the mysterious new guy) that Raven only began to talk to him because she thought Alex was a "Vampire". He gets offended and then tells her he can no longer see her. Then the whole town throws this party to welcome him to the town...because their embarrassed they believed in the rumors. She and him make up...of course and then at the end of the party so says good night and picks up a compact and opens it to see her makeup and notices that Alex is missing from the back ground...duhduhduhduuuhhhhh....haha horror sound music. End of Book.

So I enjoyed this book...A lot more than Twilight. This series is written for younger ages probably around the ages of 13-15. It's not as complex as all the other books out there, there's not a lot of mystery and it's very simple. I enjoyed it because of this. It was a great escape for a few hours (when I say a few I mean it.) It took me about 3 hours to read the entire book. I also liked it because the vampires are so real they sleep in coffins and they can't go into the sun. There's just this young romance and something to this book that makes me like this.

I would recommend this book to any young teen and anyone who just wants to take their mind off of everything and enjoy a nice story for a while. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Regret Me Not

Breaking Waves

Need