Switched

 Switched (Trylle Trilogy #1)

Authors: Amanda Hocking
Reviewed By: Courtney
Published By: Self Published e-book (publised in book by St.Martins Press)
Release Date: July 12th 2010 (January 2012)
Genre: YA/ Urban Fantasy
Pages:  304 pages

Enter the World of the Trylle

When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She's not the person she's always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel-all because of Fin Holmes. 
Fin is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken...though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she'd ever admit. Bit it isn't long before her reveals the truth; Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth-and he's comes to take her home.
Now Wendy's about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that's both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she's meant to become....


This book I gathered by luck. I got it the same day as "after obsession" because the cover just called to me. It's bright red and then when I read the back I thought wow I've never read a book like this before. Anyways I read it the next day after I bought it and was blown away. This is a trilogy and one series I wish would just continue. 

She's this misfit girl who looks like no one and acts like no one she hates shoes and anything thing processed. The only person she gets along with is her older brother Matt. Her mother tryed to kill her on her 6th birthday I believe. So they (her Aunt Maggie & Matt) travel a lot because Wendy gets in a lot of trouble at school and at this new location everything starts getting weird . This boy in her class named Fin just stares at her like its normal but never talks to her even when she confronts him he acts all innocent and then kinda like a dick. 

Usually she wouldn't go to a school dance but she does it in hope her brother Matt will lay off her case of not trying to fit in and in hopes of seeing Fin there. When he shows up and talks to her shes all teenagers girl happy, but as their dancing he says some not so nice guy things and causes her to be upset, this starts everything off at this point you know that somethings up and we find out she has this power of...(you can figure it out) and Fin sees her use it and calls her out on it, which of course surprises her. 

This book has a lot of humor in it that I love. The way Fin try's to talk to her is by climbing up to her window and scaring the wits outta her, anyways we all figure out shes a troll...yep a troll, not what we think (no lord of the rings trolls here) but pretty and connected to earth kinda trolls. My favorite part is when Matt walks in with Fin in her room and him freaking the hell out. I'm not a big fan of Matt but he really trys to protect Wendy even though she knows shes protecting him. Fin tells her most things and ask of her to leave with him but she declines (can't just leave with a stranger :). Anyways she thinks Fin is outside watching her so she goes out to confront him and it ends up being this chick and guy who start talking nasty to her and start beating on her, and this guy named Loki (my favorite character ever) comes and orders them to stop.

We come to find out that shes wanted by this tribe of trolls (yess I said tribe, their are like 6 tribes) called the Vittra. She ends up being very important and very wanted. So since they attacked her naturally she runs away with Fin who tryed to talk her into coming with him....I mean who would you go with a nice guy or someone beating you up. After this her world gets turned upside down. She comes to this village and when she gets to her home, its a mansion and finds out just how important she really is. Shes the Princess of the Trylle and shes going to be very a powerful Queen soon. She has this big decision to make on weather or not she will be their princess.

Anyways without saying to much more....as I always try to stay away from giving to much away. I'm going to end with that...what do you think her decision will be with she accept her fate as a princess and for which tribe will she join. When she learns the secrets hidden in the mansion will she accept the truth and avoid the passion for a man she cannot have and the lust for a man she cannot trust.

I really enjoy this series for the fact its a fun fantasy with humor. For some odd reason I love witty smart ass characters so of course I am obsessed with Loki (reminds me of my husband) and at Wendy I enjoyed her but not as much because she always underestimates herself....but then I think about okay shes 17 and every 17 year old girl has her doubts and low self esteem. I'd like Fin but between him and Loki, its a easy to decide. Umm...I'd suggest this to anyways seeking laughs and a adventure. There's romance but not to much.

I gave this book 5 stars out of 5. Amanda Hocking has become a new favorite of mine and I love how it all started out as self published. So go and buy this book/or e-book, because it is well worth it.

Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regret Me Not

Breaking Waves

Need