Divergent

 Divergent (Divergent #1)

Author:
Reviewed By: Courtney
Published By: Harper Teen
Release Date: 2011
YA/Dystopia
Pages: 487 pages

One Choice
Decides your friends
One Choice
Defines your beliefs
One Choice
Determines your Loyalties-Forever
One Choice
Can Transform You


Okay so I borrowed this book off my friend, I had heard a lot about this book from other websites and I saw it at my local Walmart store. Don't have a book store where I live (have to travel 35 mins)

 The book is about a girl named Beatrice "Tris" Prior, whom lives in Chicago in the future and she has to choose among 5 predetermined factions (Candor, Amity, Abnegation, Dauntless, and Erudite) to define her identity for the rest of her life. The decision ends up so difficult since she discovers that she is a anomaly who does not fit into any 1 group (Very dangerous) and that the faction she lives in is not so perfect after all.

This book hooks you in right in the beginning. Instead of teaching us about this future world right off the bat Veronica drops you right into the story, no time wasted here. So you end up learning as Beatrice goes through her days. I love when the story isn't laid right out to you and they leave you learning throughout. Anyways shes 16 and getting ready to take her test to figure out which faction she is best made into. Only thing is when you choose a different faction other than the one your in you have to leave your family behind, since its faction before blood.

The Candor only tell the truth are open and honest. The Amity are peaceful people who enjoy art and singing and just being happy. The Abnegation are Selfless people who never think of themselves and live plain lives since it would be selfish to have things. The Dauntless are crazy adventurous people who like danger. Then the Erudite are people who believe in knowledge and always learning. She soon learns after her test that she is unusual and that she should tell no one about it. On the day to choose the faction you will live in for the rest of your life she is conflicted. What one should she choose, what do you think she will choose??

I love this book a lot and I have to say I like it more than the Hunger Games. The book is more dangerous and you learn a lot of bad things are going on that no one knows or is oblivious to. Can Tris trust her faction and friends and give up her family? What's going on with her faction and are they catching on to her? You also will have a love-hate relationship with her instructor Four. Hes mysterious and dark and sometimes even crazy and mean.

I really enjoyed the story line and the factions. The only thing for me was I felt sick the whole time while reading...Meaning I was so nervous and scared the whole time. That's how connected I was to the the book when something was happening I was like going crazy with my nerves, I had to take little 5 minute breaks to calm down...yes the book is that exciting and scary and nerve wrecking at times. Tris is a amazing character, she is no damsel in distress. Shes very smart but sometimes doesn't think before her actions. So that can get her into trouble sometimes. Shes stubborn and hard headed. What did you think of her?

I'm just glad to finally have some kick ass girls in some books...and its time for girls to become tough and kick some ass on their own. I'm not saying a guy can't save a girl sometimes. Tris stands up for herself but she also gets help from Four and her friends.
Does Tris really know Herself?  Her family? Her Friends? Her Instructor? Is she ready to face the things to come? Will she have the courage, the knowledge, the selflessness, the love, and the honestly to face the things to come? There's not much more I can say without giving you more information...you will just have to trust my judgment and go out and read this book....its amazing and worth it. You get to travel on this whirl wind of a journey, you lose and gain some people along the way.

Divergent by Veronica Roth

The Author has some songs she listened to while writing at the end of the book.
Well this song of the band I listen to just makes me thing of Tris.
Freak Like Me by Halestorm (Rock) youtube the song.

I'm on the train that's pulling the sick and twisted, making the most of the ride before we get arrested, we're all waisted and we're not going home tonight. Covered in black we lack the social graces, just like a animal we crawl out of our cages, They can't tame us so if your one of us get on the bus.
If your a freak like me raise your flag if your a freak like me get off your ass, its our time now to let it all hang out, if your a freak like me, you were born to burn, this is no disease you don't need a cure, its our time now to come out...if your a freak like me.
We are underground but we will not surrender were gonna give them something to remember yeah so write your name in gasoline and set that shit on fire
If your a freak like me raise your flag if your a freak like me get off your ass, its our time now to let it all hang out, if your a freak like me, Don't apologize, they can't hold you down you were born to rise. Its our time now to come out, if your a freak like me,,,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Waves

Regret Me Not

Need