Heaven Is For Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Author: Todd Burpo
Published By: Thomas Nelson Publishers
Release Date: November 2nd 2010
Genre: Christian/Religion
Pages: 209


"Heaven Is for Real" is the true story of the four-year-old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who, during emergency surgery, slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe, but soon the evidence was clear.

Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather, who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Told by the father but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready because a last battle is coming.



So this is another book outside my norm. I've been reading a lot of those lately and I guess this one book always caught my interest I just never seemed to pick it up until recently. Anyone close to me knows that I just went through a major change in my life. I just got a divorce and a couple months ago was really down on my self esteem levels. I was raised growing up to believe in whatever we wanted to believe in. I never stepped foot into a church but yet I still had some sort of faith.

As a misunderstood teen I pretended to not believe in God but yet I found myself blaming him for so many bad things in my life that I later came to realize that If I can blame God then I believed in him. So I soon learned to love him and to accept the bad things as him making me a truly stronger person. So many things have happened in my life that I feel were for a purpose, I handled my divorce like a champ and have grown so much from it and I know I couldn't have done it if things from my past never had happened. I knew I was strong and only got stronger. this book helped someone like me feel calm in my decisions of life.

This story finally caught my attention after years of seeing it online or on tv then a motion picture!!. All of it happened without thought or purpose I just picked it up and checked out. I found the more I read the book the more calm I got about life. Colton shows us that after life there is so much much more.

Everyone has their questions and this book isn't about answering them. Its Coltons story of what he saw and the journey his family went through. Its not a life changing book but something that I believe will inspire many others to have more faith and trust in life and its many obstacles. I wouldn't force this book onto anyone but It was nice to read. No matter your beliefs it was a good book.

I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars. Colton's father told his story very well so we all get this image of what heaven looks like and everything we've ever thought about. Really its just a amazing light read. I recommend it to everyone no matter their faith and religion.


~Good Readings~







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Waves

Regret Me Not

Need