Fever

 Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) 
Author: Lauren
Reviewed By: Courtney
Published By: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release Date: February 21st 2012
YA/ Dystopia
Pages: 341 pages
 **Spoiler - This is the second book to Wither, read at own risk :)**
 
Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind.

Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ring mistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.

The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.

As soon as this book came out I immediately went out to buy it. This series is very interesting to me. Of course to me it is still a easy read and almost predictable. For me I had a feeling from the get go what was gonna happen. Just like in Wither I knew she would eventually get out of the mansion. Just like I knew in the beginning that Rhine's brother would not be there for her when she got home. 

I would have to say I really enjoy this series because the back story is so interesting. I love it. The things that happen to Rhine when she leaves is scary. Gabriel trys to protect her but it doesn't always work. She does what she wants and always will do whats best to find her home and her brother. During the part when shes in the red light district she and Gabriel find out they are some how being found, when Lindens father comes to collect the bride and take Rhine back to the mansion. 

They soon escape and end up taking along a little girl who's mother did not make it through the fence with them. They soon are on their way home, and as I predicted things are not as Rhine left it. They are then on a adventure to find something. Now I'm speeding things up and skipping some very important details because I don't want to say everything. Some people give this series bad reviews but I really enjoy reading it. It gets to the point  where I'm like what the hell is going on....and you have to keep reading to figure out how Lindens father keeps finding them and the shocking ending that leaves you on a huge cliff hanger. 

My favorite people are Rhine and Linden. I don'
t really care much for Gabriel. I care more for whats gonna happen between Rhine and Linden and hoping that somehow they can find the cure for the world....I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. If your not so sure about this book I highly suggest the library because it is a very nice read. 



The Chemical Garden by Lauren Destefano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regret Me Not

Breaking Waves

Need