Pandemonium

Pandemonium (Delirium #2)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Review By: Courtney
Published By: HarperCollins
Date: February 28th 2012

Pagse: 375

**Spoliers for anyone who hasn't read Delirium - just a catuion to read at your own risk**


"SO WHAT was your name before?" I say, and she freezes, her back to me. "Before you came to the Wilds, I mean."
 
For a moment she stands there. Then she turns around. "You might as well get used to it now," she says with quiet intensity.

 
"Everything you were, the life you had, the people you knew...dust." She shakes her head and says, a little more firmly, "There is no before. There is only now, and what comes next."



I loved Delirium so as soon as I saw that this book came out I bought it, and I was extremely excited...I couldn't wait to see what would happen to Lena and Alex. Of course I didn't write this blog as soon as I finished the book and I usually don't for any book because I just started blogging and I am trying to get the books I've read caught up to today's books...but I like to mix in current books :)

Anyways This book continues where we left off in Delirium and may I just say oh my gosh :O Was that ending not the biggest cliff hanger ever?? I couldn't wait to hear about Alex..and to my shock he wasn't in it?? DUHH Courtney *how can he be in it after the last book ;)*  We meet a lot of new characters in this book, like Raven, Blue, Sarah, Hunter, Bram, Tack and Julian. Some of these characters are important some are not, some live and some die....only you wont know unless you read it :)

I absolutely Love this book....It was kinda confusing in the beginning because I didn't reread Delirium so when it all began I was confused. But I got into it soon after that. The chapters go from Then to Now, and I also love that about this book. I like being able to read what happens after Delirium to reading a new objective.

Anyways we soon meet Raven in the beginning and Lena is a complete mess and shes really hurt so Raven takes care of her. Eventually she gets better and meets the rest of the Invalids at that Homestead. She learns their ways and try's to get over Alex, because that is the past and the past no longer exist. Good things and bad things happen that change and give clues to whats gonna happen in this book, only you don't realize that their clues...Lauren always does a great job at hiding what is clearly in front of our eyes :)

Lena gets a new ID and joins the rest of the zombies in Brooklyn, her mission is to get close to Julian Fineman. He is the DFAs leaders son and a perfect Idol for the young people who have yet to get their cure to the Amor Deliria Nervosa. Then during the DFA Rally the Scavengers attack (Scavengers-brutal rebels, not at all like the Invalids) and Julian runs, Lena follows only to get caught with him.

While they are being held Julian tells Lena stories and gets close to her, The characters grow to rely on each other and to trust one another. Certain events come to hand that makes Julian wonder what is right from wrong and has a hard choice to make if they survive this.

I am going to say this I absolutely love Julian more than I liked Alex. Alex was amazing, but he was also hard and bossy and very this is the way and you have to chose my way and Lena was completely absorbed in him. While Julian is gentle and has a open curious mind and Lena slowing develops feelings she doesn't understand.

The ending is the most bombshell of a ending I have read in a long time....I stopped and looked up and just was like NO WAYYYYY!!!!!!! My husband then turned to me and was like What??? I had to tell him what happened as I always do when I'm reading a good book and he of course didn't understand (which is why I wanted to make a blog so much) Does Lena save her and Julian?? Will she ever meet her mother?? Will her life be turned upside down?? Will Alex ever come back...?? Only these questions can be answered by YOU. I suggest buying this book and if you haven't read Delirium to read it now!! I give it 5 out of 5 stars. Its a great Dystopia novel and a thrilling read.

The book keeps you guessing of what is going to happen next and rooting for Lena all the way. I enjoyed this book a lot and I cannot wait for the third and last book to the Delirium Trilogy. I cannot wait to see what will happen next....








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Waves

Regret Me Not

Need