Requiem (Delirium #3)

 Requiem (Delirium #3)

Author: Lauren Oliver
Published By: Harper Collins
Date: March 5th 2013

Pages: 391

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has transformed. The nascent rebellion that was underway in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight. After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven. Pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels.

As Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain of the Wilds, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancée of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena and Hana's points of view. They live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.


**Spoliers for anyone who hasn't read Delirium - just a catuion to read at your own risk**
  


This post is very honest. This is the first time where it was even hard to give the book 3 stars. Does it deserve 4? My reasons are very clear. I started reading this book at the beginning of 2014 and it took me many many months to even get to 150 pages. Granted I was going through a lot at the time and my life completely changed so that could have effected my judgement on this book. I just could not get into it. I loved the 1st and 2nd books and this one took me forever to get into it. 

Then I decided recently to pick the book up again and continue then so many chapters in and the book finally comes to life. I'm thrown into Lena and Hana's world, since the book is done in chapters starting in either of their point of views. As I kept reading I found I couldn't put the book down and I just had to finish. While it took me 1 year to read 150 pages it only took me 5 days to finish the book off! Somewhere in the middle the book just finally began. 

The reason for the low star is simple, the battle against the cured and the uncured is building and things are about to unravel. Then just at the end it feels like we are just left with a glimpse of what may happen. I get the meaning, how with our own lives its left open and unknown. I guess to me though I wanted to be assured that something better would arrive for Lena and her group.

My favorite thing about the book and the trilogy all together is the not knowing. Exactly what our lives are. The not knowing of what our future hold, the HOPE and FAITH and above all the LOVE that we all search for and hold on to. I root for Lena to finally achieve true love. and for Hana to break through the cure.

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. I could be better. It was a slow start and and good but not the greatest end. I loved the meaning of the story but wished for better outcomes in the end for Lena. More from Alex and Hana. Like I was waiting the whole time for them to just do SOMETHING. Otherwise the book was great. And if you are reading this and you haven't started to read the trilogy I do recommend you do. Yes I didn't give this book great stars but the meaning and the story all together is a great and meaningful story.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Waves

Regret Me Not

Need