Holding On

Holding On (Memories #1.5)
 
Author: Emma Hart
Date: April 15th 2013
Genre: Romance

 Living in London after spending almost twenty years in a town with a population of three hundred would be hard on anyone – and Alec Johnson is no exception to the rule.
When Alec followed Lexy to London, he knew his life would change drastically. He just didn’t know how much. With Lexy’s friends and admirer to contend with, he has to show there’s more to the country surfer boy than is ability to ride the waves. With his own shameless admirers, he has to keep Lexy’s trust – and despite her love for him, that’s no easy task.

Beneath her tough girl exterior, all Jennifer Mason has ever wanted to do is paint. London’s School of Art can give her that, and she couldn’t be happier she’s finally breaking free from Lilac Bay. What she’s not happy about is having to leave Carl behind – or his reluctance to visit her while she’s studying.
Their relationship is put to the test as living on her own for the first time and university take their toll on Jen. After all, three hundred miles is a long way to be away from your boyfriend when you’re eighteen years old.
And it’s even harder when you can’t keep your eyes off your best friend’s older brother.


So I really enjoyed this book. It has a sweet romance and real life thoughts in it. It changes characters each chapter and I enjoy that. There's Lexi, Alec, Jen, and Bing and I would have to say Bing is my favorite character that I have read about in a long time. I love his sarcasm and his cockiness :) I wish there was more...when I got to the end I was screaming NOOOooo :O. Now I did not get to read the first book to this series so in the beginning I was quite confused. There was no easing into the characters and catching up to what happened in the book before. I have no problem with it, but I want you to know I recommend reading the first book first :)...I sure will be reading it tonight to get caught up on everything I missed.

The book was fabulous, a very easy read and before I knew it my nook told me I was 80% done...WHAT? oh yeah its a novella haha. I love it and I love how easy going and real the characters are. The way it ended left me on a cliff hanger and I wanted more but its heading in the direction I want it to go, now I cannot wait for Always Remember (book #2)...I will be super excited for that book when it comes out!! Anyone who enjoys romance on the sweet side should pick up this book, I mean why the hell not, it wont break your wallet and its a funny and a romantic read, what's better then that?? The humor is catchy and I found myself laughing and falling in love with Bing :)

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. Last night I rated it at 4 but when I really thought about it, I couldn't figure out why I gave it a 4, other then when I finished it last night I wasn't feeling all to good.
I hope you all go out and read this, its amazing and will keep you wanting MORE!!






Author Bio

By day, bestselling New Adult author Emma Hart dons a cape and calls herself Super Mum to a terrible two year old and growing bump, due September 2013. By night, she drops the cape, pours a glass of juice and writes books.
She likes to write about magic, kisses and whatever else she can fit into the story. Sarcastic, witty characters are a must. As are hot guys. Emma is currently working too many books to even count - including Playing for Keeps, the companion novel to the bestselling The Love Game. She likes to be busy - unless busy involves doing the dishes, but that seems to when all the ideas come to life.



Stalk Emma here:
Blog: http://emmahart93.blogspot.com/
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17660938-holding-on
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmmaHartAuthor
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/YAAuthorEmmaHart?ref=ts&fref=ts


Alec

She throws a grape at my head, giggling. I gasp in mock shock, and she freezes. One side of my lips curl upwards. She shakes her head and steps backwards.
“I'm sorry. I was aiming for the, errrr, television,” she hedges.
I run forward, and she squeals. I grasp her round the waist, tickling her. She cries out as I pull her towards the sofa. We both fall onto it, me leaning over her.
“Stop tickling me, please,” she begs, writhing and wriggling beneath me.
“Fine.” I rest my hand against her side instead, pressing my lips to hers. She stops moving for a second. She grazes her teeth along my bottom lip, sucking it into her mouth. I growl a little deep in my throat, feeling the movement all the way down to my dick.
She fists a hand in my hair, holding me against her. Her other hand grips my back, and she loops her legs around mine. I lower my hips until they're pressing against hers, my tongue slipping between her lips. She whimpers when my hips meet hers, her body tensing slightly under mine. I run my hand along her side, down her thigh, and back up. It creeps beneath her top, making contact with the hot skin waiting there.
I hear her intake of breath at the exact same time there's a knock on the door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Waves

Regret Me Not

Need