Bared To You

Bared To You (Crossfire #1)

Author: Sylvia Day
Review By: Courtney
Published By: Penguin Group
Date: April 3rd 2012
Genre: Adult Romance
Pages: 360 pages

Our journey began in fire... Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily... Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires. The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...



I borrowed this book from a friend. I had never heard of it, but I did hear about 50 Shades Of Grey, which it is compaired to. Let me say that I read it in a day, yes a day, its a amazing read and not for anyone who is...a prude. : /

I honestly think this is better than 50 Shades of Grey. Why?? In 50 Shades I just got bored and tired of the main character Ana and the character in Bared to you just seemed more real to me.

Surprisingly this is a hard book for me to review...like its taken me a week to think of what to write... :( sad I know but there's just to much to say and I don't want to have to write you all a small book of this one :) So here's my best shot...

I was hooked at the first couple of pages. Eva Tramell is a captivating, strong main character. She's witty and quite talented, but shes also clumsy so I can relate. Her and her best friend Cary have just moved to Manhattan and shes on her way to track out her way to work for the next morning. When shes in the building a woman next to her drops her change all over the floor so she drops down and helps her, while shes on the floor a stranger steps right in front of her making it hard to pick up more change. As she scans her vision upwards she sees Mr. Dark & Dangerous. He leans down and she turns right into a stuttering teenager about to have her first kiss *blush*. So you can imagine shes shaken right and drops onto her behind right in front of him, so he helps her up and its just a very awkward situation.

She then runs off and thinks nothing of this man except that hes totally hot. The next day we meet her boss at her awesome job for advertisements. She helps her boss get ready for a meeting with the big boss and hes hoping to be picked for this. As she enters the meeting room later that week guess who's standing there staring at her, yep you know it Mr. Dark & Dangerous (Gideon Cross) and stumbles into his arms. eek!! We then find out that hes not only high up in the company but hes the owner of Crossfire industries and is extremely rich. That does not faze Eva though since she grew up rich and is in no need for money, so his money does not attract her at all. Its all in his Intensity and lets face it his HOTNESS!!!

So anyways I'm sure you can guess some things that happen after this embarrassing encounter. But there is a story to this novel. One that captures you and makes you dig into the book to figure out what the heck is going on. Gideon Cross has some dark secrets that are there for you to figure out. The main characters struggle to stay together because they cannot let go of their past. There is honestly a lot of sexual encounters in this book and they are blush worthy, so under age children should obviously stay clear, unless your parents say okay and your mature enough to read, since some teens have frankly seen or read worse.

I have some ideas as to what is up with Gideon Cross but of course I'm not going to say it on here if my guess is true then I may just have a give away for the upcoming #2 of the Crossfire novels :)  I really love this book and am obsessed with it. its the first and the second comes out in October!! So excited. I recommend to anyone who enjoys romance novels also who doesn't mind to much graphic content. Also to anyone who enjoys 50 shades of grey and any other adult erotica.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars for captivating me and keeping me interested. I love the characters and the story. I hope you all feel the same as I do :) So you know I'm not just gonna give away the second book I'll put a glimmer of what I think is Gideon Cross's deepest darkest secrets. I believe it has something to do with his mother and his sister....why??? I think its a blonde thing ;)

~Good Readings~

Comments

  1. Easily Increase Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your favorite ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Waves

Regret Me Not

Need