The Hunger Games

 The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)

Author: Suzanne Collins
Reviewed By: Courtney
Published By: Scholastic Press
Release Date: 2008
Genre: YA/ Dystopia
Pages: 374 pages

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live tv. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to state making choices that weigh survival against humanity an life against love.


I got this book from my fellow blogger Kayla for Christmas. I had never heard of it but I had seen the cover at the store just never thought it looked like anything I would read. I do tend to judge the book by the cover....silly me because the moment I started to read this book I fell in love. It took me only two days to read this book and a week to finish all three. This trilogy is amazing, it's not like other young adults books in a way that its not to lovey. Yes there is a love triangle but the movie doesn't revolve around that. It's more of a empowerment to stand up for what you believe in.

Anyways before I talk this blog off the face of the earth I wanna say YOU MUST READ. Katniss is like any girl but she had to grow up fast and provide for her family but she still doubts herself. Gale is her tall hot guy friend who also has to provide for his family, you can tell there's something between them but they don't say anything to each other. And then there's Peeta. The bakers son who is popular but only has eyes for Katniss. The whole plot of this books is amazing and I never knew how it would end, and let me say it totally surprised me. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the second and third book.

I am a giant fan of this series and the Movie that comes out March 23. I've already pre ordered my ticket and have a shirt and nail polish. Lets just say I'm a adult who acts like a 16 year old when I see anything that deals with The Hunger Games. So are you Team Gale, or Team Peeta? I for one am all about Peeta, Which one are you?? The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Waves

Regret Me Not

Need